Anita Lee, J.D., LL.M
Anita Lee is an attorney who holds a Masters in Tax Law and practices in Corporate Business law, ERISA Retirement Benefits Taxation, and Tax controversy. A majority of her work is with small business clients whereby she provides advice and counsel on entity formation, business contracts, corporate and 401(k) Plan compliance, and the complex rules and regulations involved in the Rollover Business Start-up Structure. She loves entrepreneurship and helping others succeed.
ERISA & Retirement Benefits Taxation
- Advice and counsel on compliance rules regarding the Rollover Business Start-up structure.
- Advice and counsel on prohibited transaction rules and corrections for violations.
- Advice and counsel on 401(k) Plan administration rules and regulations.
- Advice and counsel regarding fixing common plan mistakes through the EPCRS, VCP, and VFCP.
Business Law and Transactions:
- Business formation.
- Advice and counsel on general corporate matters.
- Small business transactions.
- Contract review and draft.
- Taxation of business entities.
Federal Tax Controversy:
- Seek relief for individuals for excise taxes imposed from late Required Minimum distributions.
- Seek relief for 401(k) Plan administrators for taxes imposed for failure to file and late filing of 401(k) Plan Form 5500.
- Seek relief for Corporations for penalties imposed for late Corporate filings.
- Resolve disputes for individuals against the IRS regarding under-reporter issues and reversing determinations through audit re-consideration.
- Settlements with the IRS (Offer In Compromise and Currently non-collectible status) for individual tax matters.
Previously, Anita worked for Guidant Financial as an in-house Corporate Attorney for five years before branching off and starting her own firm. At Guidant, Anita provided advice and counsel to the staff in regards to retirement benefits taxation for 401(k) Plans; 401(k) Plan administration and compliance; 401(k) Plan corrections to common plan administration mistakes and prohibited transactions; entity taxation; and regulatory compliance rules. Additionally, she regularly worked with outside counsel and assisted Guidant clients when they were faced with 401(k) plan audits by the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor.
University of Washington School of Law, (Master of Tax Law) LL.M., 2016
Seattle University School of Law, (Juris Doctorate) J.D., 2011
Seattle University, B.A., 2006
Admitted to practice law in Washington State, November 2011.